Friday, June 25, 2010

13 Years and Counting...



13 years ago, my BNC decided to go for it. He kissed me and I kissed him back. We'd been going out for about a month already but it never really got to the whole kissing part. After that first kiss, we never looked back. We fell in love listening to Dave Matthews Band's Under the Table and Dreaming album with Lover Lay Down as the song that reminds me of laying down in the dark and just listening to the entire album on repeat. Whenever I hear that song, I close my eyes and I can feel those moments. Almost 8 years later, we were married. He truly is my best friend, my confidante, my soul mate, my lover and easily the most intelligent, wittiest, funniest person ever. Our partnership is full of love, trust, similar likes and dislikes and complete and open honesty. I truly believe we were meant to be and the Universe got its wish 13 years ago. So, thank you, Universe. My bad that it took us 8 years after our initial meeting at 12-years old to finally get together.

The above picture is from 2004 when Kill Bill Volume 1 came out. I was Pai Mei and he was a Buddhist monk. We grew up watching Kung-Fu Theater on Sunday mornings so this was perfect. Some of our friends were geishas and, after all the make-up and dressing up, we went to the only place that was opened serving food; a chinese buffet. Yup. We totally asked the management if it was cool as we didn't want to offend anyone and they were so awesome even heckling the BNC by telling him that "Buddha don't eat meat." The BNC replied, "This Buddha does!"

My favorite person...

4 comments:

Ali said...

Dude, that pic is AWESOME. Right down to the trademark Pai Mei goatee flick.

I love that you guys took over the Chinese restaurant in costume.

You and BNC were meant to be love buddies from the start.

Margie said...

Thanks, Ali. I would like to point out that I take any opportunity to dress up as a man so Halloween is perfect.

I haven't yet but one day I shall be Magneto, a short one but nevertheless.

Ally said...

I'm slow. I"m trying to figure out what BNC means :(

I love this story though :) I love love :)

Margie said...

@Ally-BNC = ball-n-chain

:) love rocks!