Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Dinner

Baking in the summer should be avoided at all costs but I'm lucky that my kitchen doesn't turn into a mini-hell so I bake anyhow. One of the things I love to bake is chicken. Crispy skin? Yummy, juicy insides? Yum. The BNC shows up about 2 1/2 hours after I get home so I have plenty of time to get dinner ready.


Everyone has their own method to cook chicken. I have yet to try the famous Keller method but in time I'll get to it. In the meantime, I'll stick to my lemony, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper chicken.


Chicken got a big ol' butt, uh huh.


Squash, tomatoes, shallots, salt and pepper in olive oil for the BNC.


Bowl of fideo while the chicken baked.


I couldn't find my twine to truss my fatty but the breast, luckily, didn't dry out.


Yummity, yum. I made a tower out of the mashed potatoes a la Close Encounters but I eated it. :(

2 comments:

Ali said...

YUM. That chicken looks soooo good. So does the sauteed squash.

What is fideo?

Margie said...

It's a noodly soup. Some like it without much liquid but, to me, it ceases being a soup. I'll send you a photo later today of what the noodles look like prior to cooking.