Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thanks Dad


I bought a car this past weekend and, with a bit of a broken heart, I had to return it on the advice of the Old Man.  I'm almost certain now that a catastrophe was looming underneath the hood and, luckily, it was averted thanks to him.  I've been thinking about him since, and how he views me.  Does he still see me as a child, like the one pictured above where I was trying to pose just like him, or does he see me as the 34 year-old that I am?  I'm okay with the former and I get it.  I'm his daughter, his only daughter, and I asked for advice and he gave it to me straight.  I've asked for help perhaps a handful of times, as a last resort because my thinking was, and always has been, I'm an adult, I can handle this.  I don't need your help.  But, I get it now wherein I never did before.  They want to help.  They want you to be safe and happy.  They won't be mad or annoyed that you bothered them.  So, here I am, ready to be treated as a kid, so to speak, by my dad, the man who loves me like no other man will.  Thanks, dad, for always being there for me.  I'm sorry that I'm a stubborn mule.  I got it from mom so go yell at her.  $20 on mom.  ;) 

No comments: