Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I'm having some issues here with my family, as always. I haven't been home too much and I miss my cats, my house, cooking as well as eating, and my BNC. Ali, with Three Baking Sheets to the Wind, got me thinking about love stories and just how lucky I am that I have my BNC. It's truly a joke that I call him that, ball-n-chain, because we don't live our lives that way. He already has a mom; I am not her. He's a good man, easily the smartest person I know but mostly, he's the funniest, wittiest fool ever. He can make himself laugh. It's truly funny how long we have known eachother and how we're not sick of one another. So, by the numbers, our story.


Met at 12 years old in middle school
Started dating at 20 years old
Married at 28 years old
5 1/2 years of marriage
Exactly 1 week apart

Behold, our 8th grade prom! I believe the year was 1991.


Memories, we will cherish them.



2 comments:

Ali said...

Okay, that is a really, really sweet picture. I immediately picked up on the closeness between you two, even back in 8th grade. And it's not just because More Than Words was played at the dance.

"BNC". I was wondering what that meant. Friendly jabs always make the best pet names. I start many of my emails to Mike with "Hey Dique" because he knows it's my backwards way of saying "Hello, love of my life."

You guys really are a match made in middle school heaven. I don't think I've ever known a couple with a history like yours. Thanks for sharing your love story, lady.

Margie said...

Aw, thanks Ali.

Incredibly, I have had that song in my head for a few days now. Good times.

Your pet name is awesome. I love when they get it.

Memories....