Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally

Via the magic of Netflix, I am finally getting around to watching movies/shows that I just couldn't watch the first time around. For example, Constantine, The Wire, Arrested Development, Band of Brothers, Dexter and, coming soon, like tomorrow, Hollywoodland with Ben Affleck. I'm a big Affleck fan. I adored him in the entire View Askew universe but, most importantly, his work on one of my most favorite movies ever solidified my love for him. That movie is Gone Baby Gone. (I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it.) Ben didn't act in it, Casey, his younger brother, did, but he did work on the screenplay adaptation as well as direct. I find the movie hauntingly beautiful and, at times, disturbing. It is also thought provoking. I cannot stop talking about this movie whenever I see it. If Ben Affleck, former Fashionable Male employee and lesbian lover and comic book artist, continues on this path, be certain I will follow.
I love this movie.

No comments: