Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The List


The BNC and I have been working on The List since before NY and I think we finally have it completed.  Towards the end of the year, we both started visiting places that had either popped up in the neighborhood, driven by or just received glowing reviews from friends.  Oh, and coupons.  So, we decided to make a list about places we would like to try and then it took off from there.  It was then decided that it would be our NY resolution.  We don't really eat fast food, except for the occasional Wendy's or Subway outing, but when we do, we want to make it count.

I can't tell you how excited I am about trying these places out.  Very few, perhaps 7, are chains and while I'm not a big fan of giving money to big chains, I'll give props to chains that do food well.  For example, Smashburger, a place we've visited before, about 2 years ago, still has the best burger I have ever had the pleasure of making When Harry Met Sally noises to and yet, it's a chain.  It's yummy.  It's on The List simply because it's been a while since I've been there and, well, I have yet to find a burger that still has me talking about it well after.  Besides, I'm curious to see if it's still just as good.  I hope it is or my search for a good burger will resume once again.  I've also started making notes in my yearly planner about all the times I eat out and where. 


Now, what place will be the lucky one to go first?


PS....my apologies for the bad handwriting yet again.  And, the horribly made stars next to the name are places I've stuffed my face at before.  :)

4 comments:

Ali said...

On my To Do List for the day: look up the websites/menus of Texas Cafeteria, Jus Mac, Feast, Rainbow Lodge, Mongolian Hot Pot, Taco Tote and Cadillac Bar.

I'm dying to know what's behind the names!

Margie said...

Let me help you with them.

Texas Cafeteria is just regular American food from a hole in the wall that's been there for years. Standard diner food but I have never walked in.

Just Mac is a new place and they serve nothing but mac and cheese, different varieties though.

Feast is British food.

Rainbow Lodge is a seafood place.

Mongolian Hot Pot is a noodle place.

Taco Tote, next to my second home of House of Pies, is a taco place.

Cadillac Bar is Mexican food.

I have never tried these places but rest assured that it's on!

Ali said...

Whoa. Just checked out the menu for Feast - that place looks ridic.

Margie said...

I KNOW!!!! I've been working on a post with info and links to all the places I listed. I'm getting there.