Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pizza Challenge


Last month, during the first USA World Cup game, which was against England, we wound up at Star Pizza to watch the game. During halftime, we all got into a discussion as to who has the best pizza in the city. I'm preferential to Brother's Pizzeria but, in that moment, Star Pizza was winning. Right then and there though, Pizza Challenge was invented. One day soon, hopefully later this month since I need the BNC to be off on a Saturday, we are going to have our first food challenge. One of my BFFs and I once had a steak, hamburger and hot dog challenge in which I won just this past summer and it was fun. The BNC was the sole judge but that, in no way, swayed his vote. ;) This time around, we are just going to drive around and pick up some pizzas from around the local pizzerias. We're staying away from national chains such as Pizza Hut and Domino's though. We're not too crazy about them. So far, we've selected Brother's Pizzeria, Star Pizza, Pink's Pizza and Fuzzy's Pizza. I plan on inviting some of my friends in helping decide the big winner. However, in order for this to work I will have to get most of them to pick up and bring a pizza so we can all have eat them while they are nice and hot.


I'm optimistic that this will be a success and more food challenges will come out of this one. Fried chicken, hamburgers, desserts, etc. Naturally, I will take plenty of pics and post the results.

No comments: