Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beans, beans, they're good for the heart...

It's been a good week, so far. Sure, it's raining again but at least it's not flooding. And I've been cooking so yea.


Braised boneless and skinless thighs over a king-sized bed of Jasmine rice.


Baked chicken with a sprinkle of rosemary and baked potatoes that, I believe, The Kitchn told me to first boil and then bake for a soft center but a crunchy outside.


My old stand-by; spaghetti.



In an effort to finish off the quart of beans I had in the freezer, I made papas con huevo and frijoles con chorizo. I love to use my hand mixer and really give it to those beans. Mmmm mmmm...even without the much desired yet banned flour tortillas. And you see that slightly burnt potato with egg? That is gold. It's like a slightly burnt bagel; Absolutely tasty.

ps.....sorry about the shadows in the pics. :(

No comments: