Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More Chicken Please


One of the perfect meals for a cold day usually involves chicken.  So, just like last week, I made some chicken soup.  However, I'd been making the traditional chicken noodle soup.  This time, I opted for the one I grew up with-caldo de pollo.  I used both dark and white meat but rather than eat it with the bones still intact, I deboned all of the chicken pieces.  I think it makes it less messy, and certainly less work, to enjoy while you watch a little TV and talk about your office bullshit. 

Caldo de pollo is accompanied with rice which is made separately.  Adding a few mint leaves really brings it home.  I couldn't be any happier with this meal.  It was perfect for a cold Monday.  And now I really miss my Ama whose caldo de pollo is legendary.  Everything she makes is legend-wait for it-dary.

No comments: