Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Mom Talks Too Much

It's true. I just dialed her up and this is kinda-sorta how it went:
(Translated on her part. My part is a mixture of english and spanish.)
"Hi mom."
"Hi mija! How are you?"
"I'm ok. I'm just working."
"I have to go to Reliant later for a meeting. I have to be at Jack-in-the-Box at 3p so we can all caravan over. I already made your dad his dinner. Nopales (cactus) and I am cooking the beans right now. They should be done soon. Also, some broccoli with cheese and rice. I'm sorry I missed your call earlier. I was talking to one of my friends about the meeting. And then I was outside messing with my plants because it's gorgeous out there but too cold in the house so much so that I had to have the heat on. I spoke to your aunt and her and the kids are doing better. She missed 2 days of work but everyone is better now. She went to visit your Grandma in Mexico a few weeks ago, did I tell you that? So, we're thinking about going over there for Easter but I'm not sure. Your dad says that it's up to me but we might just go but I don't know. How was your doctor's appointment?"
"It went well. I don't have to go back until September."
"Oh, that is great news! I need to go to the doctor because I'm running low on medications. And.."
"Hey mom, I have to go. Call you later?"
"Sure. I didn't call you earlier cause I know you're at work and I don't want to bother you. Love you. Bye."
"Ok mom."
/end
Even I'm tired.

No comments: