Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Continuous Glucose Monitoring

An image of what that little pod looks like to continuously check my blood glucose for 3 days straight. I hate doing it while it's the weekend because it's not my usual routine but I would hate to show up at work with this this attached to my side. The whole thing is not inserted. The needle is. The rest is taped onto my side with waterproof tape.
It sucks but then again, I don't want to be 40 and already suffering from neuropathy. My Grandma was diagnosed with diabetes last year. She's 86. I know. What luck. However, I'm chucking the deuce if I make it that far and eating real ice cream. Oh wait, frozen custard!
I'm suffering from insomnia. I feel gross and I just want to go home and sleep. But, chances are, once I get home and get ready for bed, I will lay there like a slug because it's my only defense.

No comments: