Thursday, February 9, 2012

Breakfast



One of the hardest things, so far, about the pregnancy is feeding myself.  My diet is so strict, moreso now than ever.  I feel as if food has become the enemy.  I eye everything suspiciously, eat it cautiously and wait the results of what my meter will tell me 2 hours later.  

Right now, breakfast is my stress.  My usual PB&J sandwich is no more, at least for a while because, according to the books my doctors have me reading, consuming peanut butter may lead to The Astronaut having asthma problems.  Say what?!  And just like that, my go-to breakfast is no more.  I like a good egg sandwich but, by the time I eat it at the office, it's cold.  Cereal and milk raise my blood glucose to really bad levels.  So, here I am, trying to research some better, quicker but still yummy breakfast options for my morning work days.  I know the yummy and healthy answer is out there.  I just have to find it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I see this is an older post, so I don't know if you're still having issues with what to eat in the morning between your pregnancy and your blood sugar, but you may wish to try:

http://aloshaskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/04/baked-oatmeal.html

I am not trying to self-promote, I am just a baked oatmeal evangelist. Drop in dried fruit (or fresh), pour in a bit of water, nuke for 1 minute on high and your morning is complete. I swears. Don't know if this will work for you with your restrictions, but I felt compelled to mention it anyway. :)

Margie said...

Wowza. That LOOKS good. I think I may give it a try. I've been eating FiberOne cereal and while my bowl looks pathetically small, it doesn't cause my blood sugar to rise.

Your recipe though, looks like a great meal/snack.